Commonwealth of Dominica -Citizenship by Investment Program
Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment program offers an affordable option for people looking for a second citizenship. The program represents a great opportunity for people who are looking for a lifestyle change, who have concerns for the well being of their families in their current countries of residence or who are just seeking an alternative to their current citizenships.
Dominica Citizenship Advantages
- Visa free travel - Dominica passport holders enjoy visa free travel to;over 120 countries, including all European Union (EU) States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Minimal Taxation – No wealth tax, no gift tax, no inheritance tax, no foreign income tax, no capital gains tax
- Full residency status – With the right to live and work in Dominica. Possibility of obtaining driver licence, tax ID and bank account opening with real estate investment
- Right for dual citizenship - Dominica allows multiple citizenships
- No residency requirement – Applicants do not have to reside or visit Dominica before or after citizenship is granted
With the economic citizenship program, introduced first in 1993, the Government of Dominica wants to attract capital from people with good characters and financial abilities. In return for investors’ donations, the Government of Dominica grants citizenship to the investors. These funds are used to finance public and private projects in the country, which include hospitals, schools, sports stadiums, tourism facilities etc.
Some of the highlights of Dominica Economic Citizenship program are:
- Investors must be over;18 years old
- Applicants for the economic citizenship must be of outstanding character,;haveclean source of funds and no criminal record
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of the English language
- A letter of intent addressed to the Minister for Citizenship is required
- Processing of applications for economic citizenship;takes approximately 3 months
- All applicants for economic citizenship must have a government approved promoter/agent
- There are two options; donation option and real estate investment
Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) Contribution Option
Package A: Single Applicant
A single applicant is the sole applicant for economic citizenship whether or not said applicant is single or married. Under this option the "Single";a by the Citizenship by Investment of Dominica approvedinvestor would be required to make;non-refundablea;cash investment of US$100,000, which would be directed towards public sector financing.
Package B: Main Applicant and Spouse
Under this option the investor-applicant pays US$175,000, which qualifies the investor and the spouse for the economic citizenship.
Package C: Family Application up to 3 dependents
Under this option the investor-applicant pays US$200,000, which qualifies the investor, and;3 dependents*for the economic citizenship.
Package D: Family Application up to 4 dependents and more
Under this option the investor-applicant pays US$200,000, which qualifies the investor and;3 dependents* for the economic citizenship. For each additional dependent*, an extra US$ 25,000 per person should be added.
Other Applicable Fees
Application fee -;US$1,000 per application (Non-refundable)
Certificate of naturalization fee -;US$250 per person
Expedited Passport issue fee – US$1200 per person
Government due diligence fees – Main applicantUS$7,500, Spouse;US$4,000,Dependent children 16 and above:US$4,000)
Authorized agent fees
Real Estate Option
To qualify for citizenship of Dominica under the Real Estate option of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment program, the investor applicant must purchase an authorized real estate at the minimum value of USD 200,000. The real estate option is a great tool for those who wants to establish residency in Dominica; have drivers licence, tax ID and open bank accounts.
Following approval of a real estate investment application, the Government Fees below are required:
Single Applicant;; USD 25,000
Couple or Family of up to 4 ;USD $35,000
Family of 5-6 persons;USD 50,000
Family of 7 or more persons ;USD 70,000
Please;contact us;for more details on the program and real estate investment options
*WHO QUALIFIES AS DEPENDENTS?
A ‘’dependent’’ means:
-A spouse of the main applicant;
-A child under eighteen (18) years of age of the main applicant or his or her spouse;
-A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen (18) and;thirty (30)years;who is in full time attendance at a recognized institution of higher learning after his or her eighteenth birthday and fully supported by the main applicant;
-An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is between eighteen (18) and;thirty (30)years of age and is living with and fully supported by the main applicant;
-A child of the main applicant or spouse of the main applicant who is above the age of eighteen (18) years and physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant;
-Parent or grandparent of the main applicant at the age of;fifty-five (55);years fully supported by the main applicant.;Also, where one parent or grandparent is fifty-five (55) or older, but his or her spouse is aged less than fifty-five (55), both the parent or grandparent and the spouse will qualify as dependents.;