Saint (St) Lucia - Citizenship by Investment
St. Lucia is a tropical island paradise lying in the South Eastern Caribbean. The white sand beaches are unspoiled and the mountainous peaks untamed. Cascading waterfalls, rushing streams, lush forests and exotic birds can be found inland. Temperatures on the island remain a comfortable average of 24°C (75°F) – 31°C (87°F) throughout the year. Adventurers can explore the natural rainforest by hiking or zip-lining through the trees. High elevation lookout-out points give view to the beautiful beaches below. Beach-lovers can enjoy pristine waterfront with more to explore beneath the waves, via snorkelling or diving. Festivals, great food and great company top off the list to make St. Lucia an unforgettable destination.
A parliamentary democracy was established in St. Lucia in 1979 with the country remaining as a commonwealth nation. The official language is English with a dialect of French Creole also spoken widely. It is a member of the OECS and Caricom, benefitting all of the Caribbean islands. St. Lucia has a progressive personal income tax system ranging from 10-30%. There are no taxes on capital gains or inheritance. VAT stands at 12.5% with the tourism sector enjoying a reduced rate of 10%. The corporate tax rate is 30% with tax reductions available. Property taxes are minimal, at a rate of 0.25%. St. Lucia passport holders enjoy Visa-free travel arrangements with 147 countries. Professionals at IRC can navigate the road to citizenship for you in 3-4 months.
Benefits of St. Lucia Citizenship
- No capital gains or inheritance taxes
- Full Citizenship and Passport granted to the applicant, their children, spouse, and parents or grandparents over 55, with the possibility of dependent children between the ages of 21-30
- Passport with Visa-free travel to 147 countries including the EU, the UK, India, Singapore and other Caricom countries
- No restrictions on Dual Citizenship with Citizenship by Descent available
- No presence is required in the country
- One of the least expensive single applicant donation options
How to Become a Citizen
Making a significant monetary investment or donation, adhering to rules set forth by the governing authority; Citizenship - by – Investment Program (CIP), can grant full citizenship and passport holder status. Currently, there are 4 investment options available:
- A minimum of $300,000.USD real estate property purchased from a qualifying government project
- A non-refundable donation starting from $100,000.USD to the National Economic Fund
- A minimum purchase of $250,000.USD of non-interest bearing government bonds
- A minimum investment of 3.5 million USD in an approved enterprise project that creates at least 3 permanent jobs
Real Estate Option
A real estate property can be purchased in St. Lucia with an option to sell the property after a holding of 5 years. It can be used for a personal business, a second home, vacation home or rental income property. IRC can provide additional assistance with the procurement of your ideal property. All recommended, qualifying properties are managed for your comfort.
Current fees are as follows:
For a single applicant; with a minimum property purchase of $300,000.USD + government, passport and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $357,800.USD. Additional closing costs of the property are variable.
For a family of four or more; with a minimum property purchase of $300,000.USD + government, passport and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $453,700.USD. Additional closing costs of the property are variable.
National Economic Fund Option
Your donation to the NEF will be used to fund economic projects for the national development of St. Lucia.
Current fees are as follows:
For a single applicant; with a contribution to the NEF of $100,000.USD + government, passport and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $109,800.USD.
For a family of four; with a contribution to the NEF of $150,000.USD + government, passport and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $168,700.USD. For each additional dependant, beyond a family of four, a fee of $15,000.USD will be issued.
Government Bond Option
A single applicant can purchase $250,000.USD worth of non-interest bearing government bonds to hold for 5 years minimum. A married couple has a 6 year holding requirement. The requirement for a family of four is 7 years, or 5 years with bonds purchased for a minimum of $300,000.USD. An administrative fee of $30,000.USD is also applied.
Enterprise Investment Option
A minimum investment of 3.5 million USD in an approved enterprise project that creates at least 3 permanent jobs including in the following areas; ports, bridges, roads, highways, marinas, specialty restaurants, pharmaceuticals, agro-processing plants, research institutions and offshore universities.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants must not be engaged in a criminal court case, or be identified as a security or reputational risk
- Applicants must not have a Visa restriction to any of the 147 Visa-free travel countries
For More Information
For additional information please don’t hesitate to contact the IRC. We provide professional assistance from the beginning to the end of the process and ensure a secure transaction. Property investors can also enjoy a smooth real estate acquisition.