Vanuatu - Citizenship by Investment
Situated in the Pacific Ocean between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, lies the magnificent islands of Vanuatu. The archipelago is comprised of 83 islands in total with 15 principle isles. Though in pristine natural condition, the islands have been inhabited for thousands of years with archaeological evidence dating all the way back to 2000BC. The Vanuatu rainforests are a distinct ecological region with a warm tropical climate year-round. With average summer temperatures of 28°C (82°F) and winter averages of 23°C (73°F), the waters are swimmable throughout the year. For the adventurist Vanuatu offers incredible hiking with lush rainforests, caves, mountains, volcanoes, waterfalls and streams. The breath-taking beaches offer snorkelling and diving with a unique opportunity to take a canoe or kayak for exploring the many beautiful islands of Vanuatu. Divers can also experience the world’s only underwater active post office.
A parliamentary democracy was established in Vanuatu in 1980 after separating from Britain and France. There are 3 official languages in Vanuatu; English, French and Bislama. 138 different indigenous Oceanic languages are also spoken, making it the highest linguistic language density in the world. The taxation system is very favourable with no taxes on personal income, inheritance, gifts, withholding and capital gains. Corporate taxes are non-existent as well as foreign income taxes, and VAT stands at 12.5%. Vanuatu passport holders enjoy Visa-free travel arrangements with 131 countries. Professionals at IRC can manage your citizenship transition for you in 1-3 months.
Benefits of Vanuatu Citizenship
- No taxes on personal income, inheritance, gifts, capital gains, withholding, foreign income and corporations
- Full Citizenship and Passport granted to the applicant, their children, spouse, and dependent parents and grandparents
- A fast and efficient application process
- Passport with Visa-free travel to 131 countries including the EU, the UK, Russia and Hong Kong
- No restrictions on Dual Citizenship
- No presence is required in the country
How to Become a Citizen
Making a significant monetary investment, adhering to rules set forth by the governing authority; Citizenship - by – Investment under the Vanuatu Development Support Program, can grant full citizenship and passport holder status. Currently, one investment option is available:
- A minimum of $150,000.USD donation made to the Government Development Fund
Government Development Fund
Your donation to the Vanuatu Government Development Fund will be used to fund general economic development and infrastructure.
Current fees are as follows:
For a single applicant; with a contribution to the GDF of $150,000.USD + due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $135,000.USD.
For a family of four; with a contribution to the GDF of $180,000.USD + due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $185,000.USD. For each additional child a fee of $15,000.USD will be applied and $25,000.USD for each additional dependent.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a clean bill of health
- Applicants must have at least $250,000.USD in personal net worth
- Applicants must not be engaged in a criminal court case, or be identified as a security or reputational risk
- Applicants must not have a Visa restriction to any of the 131 Visa-free travel countries
For More Information
For additional information please don’t hesitate to contact the IRC. We provide professional assistance from the beginning to the end of the process and ensure a secure transaction. Additional assistance can be provided to find and acquire real estate if desired.