Antigua and Barbuda - Citizenship by Investment
With plenty of gorgeous beaches, lush vegetation and natural reefs, English - speaking Antigua and Barbuda are a Caribbean dream retreat. The tropical climate provides average temperatures of 25° C to 28° C (77° F to 82° F), lots of sunshine, and a sea that is warm enough to swim in year-round. An economy that relies on Tourism for 60% of its GDP, ensures maximum pleasure is gained by the many festivals and features such as; swimming, snorkelling, diving, sailing, sight-seeing, bird watching, horseback riding, fine dining and more.
Antigua and Barbuda have an established parliamentary democracy after gaining independence from Britain in 1981. The nation is known for stability both judicially and governmentally. Taxes are limited to a 15% sales tax, a 25% corporate tax (with reductions for up to 20 years), and variable property taxes. Holding a passport gains you Visa-free access to over 150 countries. With efficient, reliable professionals at IRC, the 3-5 month process of obtaining citizenship can be a worry-free and rewarding process.
Benefits of Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship
- No taxes on foreign income, personal income, capital gains or inheritance
- Full Citizenship and Passport granted to the applicant, their children, spouse, parents and grand-parents over the age of 55, with the possibility of financially dependent children up to age 30
- Passport with Visa-free travel to 152 countries including the UK, the EU, Hong Kong, South Africa & all Caricom countries
- No restrictions on Dual Citizenship
- Within the first five years of citizenship, only 5 days presence required
- Full access to all that this Caribbean gem has to offer for a high quality of life whenever you wish
How to Become a Citizen
Making a significant monetary investment or donation, adhering to rules set forth by the governing authority in Antigua & Barbuda; Citizenship - by - Investment Unit (CIU), can grant full citizenship and passport holder status. Currently, there are 3 investment options available:
- A minimum of $200,000. USD property purchased from a qualifying government project
- A non-refundable donation starting from $100,000.USD to the National Development Fund
- A non-refundable donation of $150,000.USD to the University of the West Indies (only available to families of 6 or more)
Real Estate Option
Deciding to purchase real estate in Antigua and Barbuda is an attractive option, as you will gain an overseas asset. You can keep the property as a second home or vacation home and/or create an income from renting it out. This option also provides the applicant with an address which is compulsory for opening a local bank account. With an appealing list of options, IRC can provide additional assistance with knowledge of the local real estate market and the procurement of your optimal property. All recommended, qualifying properties are managed for your comfort.
Current fees are as follows:
For a single applicant; with a minimum property purchase of $200,000.USD + government, passport, bank and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $238,275.USD. Additional closing costs of the property are variable.
For a family of four or more; with a minimum property purchase of $200,000.USD + government, passport, bank and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $247,000.USD. Additional closing costs of the property are variable.
National Development Fund Option
The non-profit National Development Fund was created to help fund government sponsored projects, public/private joint ventures and charities.
Current fees are as follows:
For a single applicant; with a contribution to the NDF of $100,000.USD + government, passport, bank and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $138,275.USD.
For a family of four or more; with a contribution to the NDF of $100,000.USD + government, passport, bank and due diligence fees, the minimum investment is $147,000.USD.
University of West Indies Option
Only available to families of six or more, The University of West Indies donation starts from $150,000.USD with an additional fee of $15,000.USD per dependent over 6 years of age.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants must be present in the country a minimum of 5 days within the first five years of citizenship
- Applicants must not be engaged in a criminal court case, or be identified as a security or reputational risk
- Applicants must not have a Visa restriction to any of the 152 Visa-free travel countries
For More Information
For additional information please don’t hesitate to contact the IRC. We provide professional assistance from the beginning to the end of the process and ensure a secure transaction. Property investors can also enjoy a smooth real estate acquisition.